So, Jake has been bugging me for a while now to start a blog to document and share my journeys in being a mom. I know that doesn't sound very exciting. But there are a few things about my situation that make my happy little family unique and interesting.
For starters, I have Epilepsy. This makes my daily life a bit of a challenge. The docs told to forget having kids, so I pretty much did.
And then there was Joshua. Born 10/30/05. He has a diagnosis of Autism and Epilepsy, as well. He is the coolest big kid I know. We face a LOT of interesting experiences thanks to him!
Then, well, we moved into our new house, 2 years ago, content with our situation and where God had put us, only to find out a week and a half later that I was pregnant with TWINS. Identical twin boys, Isaiah and Elijah, born 5 weeks early on 2/2/09. Izzy was born with tortocollis and developed plagiocephaly as a result. He got to wear a cool cranio-molding helmet for several months and receive physical therapy, but is doing well today. Being born early created a different set of problems for Eli. We have been in and out of the doc's more times than I can count with respiratory problems.
Today, we are a strong happy family, pushing through our struggles as best we know how!
Welcome!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment